Pilots are highly trained professional who fly aircrafts. They fly passengers or cargoes on long haul or short haul flights to destinations around the world.
The role of a pilot can be both exciting and challenging. They are required to take on a lot of responsibilities.
- Good teamwork skills
- Good concentration and hand to eye coordination
- Ability to remain calm and take charge in an emergency
- Good hearing, eyesight and good colour discrimination
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Pilot might include
- Making sure that all safety systems are working properly
- Following airport approach and landing instruction from air traffic control
- Keeping passengers and crew informed about journey progress.
- Writing flights reports after landing
One usually starts as a first officer after gaining an Airline transport pilot licence also known as frozen ATPL
Once enough flying hours have been completed, one can then apply for a full ATPL and qualify as an airline captain
Must be at least 21yrs old to apply for a full ATPL
Must pass a thorough medical check