A Registered Nurse help doctors give nursing and medical care to patients and provides advice and emotional support to them and their families. A nurse also educates patients and the public about medical conditions.
A nurse often starts out a hospital staff nurse and works their way with experience. They may work within Hospitals or in GP practices.
- Must have compassion and be sympathetic
- Must be emotionally stable
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work with all people of all ages and backgrounds
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Nurse might include
- Checking and recording patients vital signs
- Maintaining detailed reports and records
- Offering advice on family planning and contraception
- Giving first aid, immunization and medications
- Must complete a Nursing and Midwifery council approved degree or diploma of higher education in nursing