A doctor treats and provides medical care for patients. A doctor is sometimes referred to as a GP (General Practitioner), a Physician or a consultant depending on their area of speciality.
Doctors often work in team that includes practice nurses, health visitors, midwives and administrative support staff.
- Must have compassion
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- Must be trust worthy
- Must have confidence
A Typical Day:
A typical day for a Doctor might include
- Examining patients and prescribing treatment
- Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Obtaining medical histories
- Giving general advice
- A degree in Medicine
- A 2 year foundation program in general training
- Specialist training in area of interest, for example Gynaecology & Obstetrics, paediatrics, Surgery and General practice.