An auditor evaluates a company’s account and certifies if the accounts show a true and fair view of its financial position.
Auditing is very vital part of accounting. There are 2 types of auditors, the external auditor and the internal auditor.
- Excellent maths and IT skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management
A Typical Day:
A typical day for an auditor might include
- Understanding the business of the client
- Collecting and interpreting figures
- Reviewing company accounts
- Identifying risk areas of business
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English plus 2 A levels or equiv (BTEC)
- Work experience
- You must be a qualified accountant to become an external auditor